Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Beginnings

Greetings fellow bloggers! I'm imagining an empty echo in response right now. First posts seem always to be rather awkward. I guess the lesson here is that everything has a beginning and experience isn't chalked until it's been experienced.

I suppose some sort of introduction is called for here. As my life is changing and moving constantly, I am learning that it takes more and more effort to maintain unity. This blog is just a little finger on my hand of effort toward regaining and maintaining connection.

So...speaking of new beginnings:
Today is a very special day in our little home! December 1st marks 4 months of marriage to the most fun, loving, humble, Godly, MANLY man I have ever known! I mentioned in my profile that I am learning that marriage is created for holiness and sanctification. A husband is sanctified by his wife's respect, honor, and care for him. A wife is made holy by her husband's love and tenderness for her, and leadership in their family. I'm not going to say this process is easy as pie, sometimes we unexpectedly bite down on a pit. There are times when we both have to choose self-control, grit our teeth, and hold our tongues. I will, however, promise you that this process is oh, so sweet! The key is choosing grace along with self-control. In ALL circumstances God has continually revealed Himself to be faithful and patient with us.

These tidbits can and should be applied in all other relationships as well. Unity in the Body is not achieved by choosing to just "put up with" someone or some situation. I read Philippians, chapter 2 today (one of my all time favorite passages) and I think it directly applies to this. Paul writes:

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being on in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
(Phil. 2:1-4)


"God never coerces us. In one mood we wish He would make us do the thing, and in another mood we wish He would leave us alone. Whenever God's will is in the ascendant, all compulsion is gone. When we deliberately choose to obey Him, He will tax the remotest star and the last grain of sand to assist us with all His almighty power." -Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment