Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fight for Hope

2 Samuel 22:31-34
"As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.
For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights."

There is a time and season for all things. God's word tells us that God is not slow in answering our prayers as we often think he is. Rather, God works all things out for good in his own way.

Truth be told, my hope-ometer has been wavering around the empty line for quite some time now. Simply put, I've been in a "spiritual drought" for the better part of a year. Friendships that had been spiritually encouraging have changed and faded, and I had set various goals and expectations for myself only to have them deflated. It is so easy to get distracted by the business of life. It is so easy to lose grasp of the importance of truly living in communion with God everyday. Even now, I am writing this while babysitting a teething 8-mo. old little munchkin, running a load of laundry, and thinking up a grocery list. All of these things seem urgent today, but the truth is that they are not very important in the light of eternity. I can let daily tasks overwhelm me and steal my focus from God, or I can choose to live life of joy with my heart in a continual posture of prayer. Without prayer hope fades quickly.

God IS faithful, he IS listening, he WILL provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment